At Jacobs Funeral Homes, our staff is trained to handle the details of making burial and cremation arrangements for veterans and we are the only area funeral home to offer a Veteran's Plan (click here for more information).
Did you know that military honors are available to all veterans regardless of rank or location of burial? And, were you aware that the military does not accept payment for these services under any circumstance?
To establish veteran eligibility you can have us obtain your DD 214 Form which is the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. For veteran's benefits you must have any status other than dishonorable discharge. For information about how to go about receiving this document, go to:
Taps and Flags
If you are a Veteran with an honorable discharge we can arrange for the military to provide Taps for you at the graveside and for a flag for your family to have.
Presidential Memorial Certificate
We can also write to the government and obtain a Presidential Memorial Certificate for you and your family. We submit both a death certificate and a copy of your honorable discharge to:
U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs
National Cemetery Administration (403A)
810 Vermont Ave., NW
Washington, D.C. 20420
To read more about the Certificate you may go to http://www.cem.va.gov/pmc.htm.
We are able to arrange for honor guards for Veteran's funerals.
We can assist you in obtaining a grave marker for the cemetery where you chose to be buried. Just let us know you are interested in a marker and we will prepare the documentation for you or for more information you can write to:
Memorial Programs Services (403)
Department of Veterans Affairs
810 Vermont Ave., N.W.
Washington, DC 20420
If you have any questions about Veterans Services, please feel free to contact us at (866) 774-6166..
Veteran Funeral Plan: $6,495.00
A Complete Funeral Service at the funeral home, church or at graveside for one simple price... Because You've Earned It.
- Choice of steel or wood casket
- Transfer from place of death, within 50 miles with veteran honors
- Securing all authorizations and permits
- Filing death certificate and all veteran documents
- Professional service of licensed funeral director
- Embalming and preparation of the body
- Funeral service conducted at the funeral home, in your church or at graveside
- Visitation held prior to the service:
- Funeral coach
- 1 certified copy of death certificate
- Floral casket spray
- Guestbook, 100 memorial folders, and acknowledgment cards
- Hardwood flag case for the Veteran
- Full coordination with National Cemetery and local Veteran Affairs officers.
- All for one simple price: $6,495
Local cemetery, vault and crematory charges are additional.